/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


On 22 May 2000, Vander Francisco wrote:
 
>  In that case I try access from the machine 192.168.192.4 that is inside my
>  net, but when I try from outside, I have the same results...

Due to a limitation in IP Masquerading, you can't use your external
address/port from an internal machine.  It has to do with the rule that
de-masqed packets don't traverse the forward chain and thus can't be masqed. 
So don't try to test your set-up that way.  If you really want to be able to
do this, however, I have a patch that will make it work.

-- Michael Best

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to