> > My problem is with ftp! It works successfully using client on win95 box to
> > ftp server (control and data connections) using OPEN host.
> > No problem. But I have a REAL need to open to a certain host server that
> > is enabled to a specific non-default port. OPEN XXXX pppppp
> > The control connection works just fine. However, any PORT protocol command
> > for this type connection is not masq'd. so data connections can't reach my
> > win95 machine. Could anyone help with this one.

It sounds like you haven't installed the ftp module for ip masqing

> Note: The server in question is proprietary and does not support PASV. I
> have also tried specifying the special port in the "ip_masq_ftp ports=nnnnn"
> and did notice at least the server received a masqueraded port command (in
> the range 61000-61499) but could not make successful data connection back to
> my client.

Try using ipportfw from ethier a 2.1.124+ kernel or a patch agaist 2.0.35,
I can't rember were I found the patch bu it works very well. I can use an
nfs server behind the firewall and other fun things. I can mail the patch
and the control progie src to you if you want.

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           // \\  >Don't fear the penguin<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       /(   )\
                                   ^^-^^
Software, n.:
        Formal evening attire for female computer analysts.