On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Stomper wrote:

> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:11:09 -0700
> From: Stomper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [masq] Battle.net masq module.....
>
> Anyone that is a programmer game to attempt a battle.net masq module.
> Looks like Blizzard finally got smart and started allow multi connects from
> a single ip.  They still only allow one connect per key, but this way multi
> machines behind a masq machine can finally get to diablo and starcraft......

A b.net masq module is really useless.  b.net is a chat program, and not
much more.  All b.net does in terms of starting the games is it allows
you to select a game from a list.  Once you're in the game (in the 'ready
to start' room where you choose zerg/protoss/terran in starcraft, for
example), that's the starcraft clients talking directly to each other;
b.net is not involved.

What we'd need for a starcraft module is for blizzard to release the
net specs on the _game_, not on b.net... or for someone else to reverse
engineer it (which is way beyond me).

It would certainly be nice, though.