On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Kristopher A. Kersey wrote:

> Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:21:41 -0500
> From: "Kristopher A. Kersey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: MASQ Mail List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [masq] Starcraft with kernels 2.2.x
>
> OK, I'm looking to get some strait answers on IP Masq for kernel
> versions 2.2.x.  I'm currently have my kernel configured with the
> following "Network Options" related stuff:
>
> Packet socket
> Network firewalls
> Unix domain sockets
> TCP/IP networking
> IP: firewalling
> IP: always defragment
> IP: masquerading
> IP: ICMP masquerading
> IP: masquerading special modules support
> IP: ipautofw support
> IP: drop source routed frames
> IP: allow large windows
>
> And all I'm doing to enable masqurading is typing:
>
> ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j MASQ
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>
> My MASQ as a whole all works, but Starcraft seems still not be working
> right.  I though the UDP bug was fixed.  Is this all correct?  What
> should be changed?

Are you doing port forwarding?  You need to forward udp port 6112 from the
masquerading machine to the gaming machine.  Forwarding tcp port 6112 might
also be a good idea.

Glenn Lamb - [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Finger for my PGP Key.
Email to me must have my address in either the To: or Cc: field.  All other
mail will be bounced automatically as spam.
PGPprint = E3 0F DE CC 94 72 D1 1A  2D 2E A9 08 6B A0 CD 82