Hello All,

I have a problem configuring Ip-Masquerading...

First I'd like to say that I've set up masquerading before...and it worked fine... but then I messed up my linux partition and istarted all over again... now i've come to the point where i want to set up ip-masquerading...

I have linux computer that connects to the internet using a modem

I've compiled the kernel as described in the howto
I did the depmod and modprobes
I configured the firewall as follows

ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.0.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

I've added gateways to my two windows clients and DNS is also set up..
no matter what i do with the firewall ... i keep getting the message 403 Forbidden in my explorer... something like : 'you are not authorized to access the page on this server'...

He doesn't even try to find it... he immediately comes up with that message...
i figured it was a firewall problem.... but everything looks ok...

What could be the problem...

Bert Van de Voorde