If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering what happened
to the CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_ICMP configuration option?  It is no longer
needed, because 2.2 masquerades ICMP traffic without a special config
option.

Well, buit i'm not so interesting, now, to migrate to 2.2, it is full of
'feasture' that i do not looking for, and the isdn,pppd/ipppd packages
doesn't work correctly.

> error: masq_info.c: Internal Error `ip_masquerade unknown type'

I'm not familiar with this message; what did you do that made it show up
on your screen?  It looks like a compile error in the source file??

This messages comeout form any ws, that use ping internet.domain,
connecteds to a linux masqureade machine.Everybody can test it.

Please note that you should not edit "config.h" directly and insert
"HAVE_WHATEVER" options directly.  You should instead use the standard
kernel configuration system, either "make xconfig", "make menuconfig",
or "make config", whichever you like best.

I do not understasnd, i'm talking about net-tools, not kernel conf, the
kernel have all the flag setupped correctly, in fact the masquerading is
ok, are net tools not ok.

                                        Bye