Quincy Mass had a 2 alarm fire recently - the dispatcher told one of
the responding engines to switch to Channel 2 - the officer on the
engine replied - "we will put our mobile radio on Channel 1, and our
portables on Channel 2" - Ch 1 is 483.5375 R - that is the main
channel - Channel 2 is 484.30 R IIRC - Ch 2 is the secondary channel

Wayland Mass is still running the "Fire Medic" unit. There was a
recent EMS call that got a response from Engine 3 + Fire Medic 1 +
Ambulance 2 - Amb 2 came from HQ (possibly staffed by the HQ engine
crew) - Amb 1 was in Framingham returning from the hospital

North Reading Mass FD - recent radio traffic - "this will be a 3
person transport, hire 3" - apparently when they take a patient to the
hospital with 3 crew members, they send out a page via ?digital?
pagers to get three off duty people to report to the station - 453.95
R is their main channel but this page did not go out on 453.90 - they
do have a pager signal on 453.90 that they send before every call -
maybe it just opens the fire station doors or something