http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/09/braintree_police_chief_retires_amid_evidence_room_scandal

$400,000 and 70 guns missing

maybe it is really $40M and 7,000 guns

70 guns missing and no one noticed? really?

I wonder how many people were killed by the drugs that are missing?
Maybe none - maybe it all was used "successfully". Maybe 100 dead.
Maybe 1,000 dead. Will we ever know? I doubt it.

has anyone at all been arrested in this case so far?

Boston PD had the same issue - was it 10 years ago? Out in Hyde park
IIRC. They also had a shady night club involved IIRC.