https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/elon-musk-s-hyperloop-dream-may-come-true-soon-ncna855041

this news article explains Elon Musk's proposed high speed transportation system

--------------------

if I had to bet - I would bet that supersonic aircraft that dont
produce sonic booms will be the way to go - because hyperloops take
too much work to install on the ground - and the technolog seems iffy
- imagine trying to maintain a partial vacum on a 11 foot tube in the
middle of the Great Plains - seems like a lotta lotta work

on the other hand - NASA can supposedly come up with a cure for sonic
booms in 5 to 10 years - and vertical takeoff and landing seems to be
working - so - this seems like a really speedy and easy to implement
solution

anything can happen - maybe the transporter system from Star Trek will
be perfected - quantum entanglement - thats the ticket