47fireguy1 day ago
I understand that. The jurisdiction I retired from used the NFPA Life
Safety code. I think it was the 1993 code edition required existing
high rise buildings be retrofitted with sprinklers. One high rise
residential home for the aged decided to fight the mandate in court.
Less than a week before the court heard the the case they had a fire
at this building that resulted in an elderly women not surviving. As
you can guess the facility dropped their case. Then the personal
injury lawyers took over. The lack of "common sense" in the legal
profession. One firm ready to defend a right not to sprinkler and then
another firm ready to move in to sue for damages because they didn't
and someone died. You would think that the oppressive controlling
politics in this city would know better. How can they want to control
your very life in so many ways but not have dangerous conditions like
that resolved ?
Show less