Hello,

just to be sure about something, could you agree, complete or correct this
fact about text rendering:

a text rendering "may" change only with:
1/ control characters (in fact not really, but you can do some "special
stuffs" which may affect display);
2/ escape sequences (tell for instance "now we are in bold until told
otherwise");
3/ and if the text is "selected" (most likely by the mouse).

Is that all? I want especially to be sure that the only reason specific to
the user and mrxvt (and not the child program) is selecting a text, as for
its rendering. The final goal is to know how much text I can take as a
single sequence and consider it will be rendered the same way.

The other related question is: is it possible in mrxvt to select texts not
in sequence, but for instance in blocks (like the ctrl-v functionality in
vim), or even totally separated (like the "ctrl+click" selection in some
programs)? I think not, but just to be sure...

Thanks.

Jehan