Hi all,

While I usually hold off on sending in patches until they are complete with
documentation and fully tested, this one has been a Wishlist item for Mathopd
for a while, so I thought I'd send it through for anyone to play with...

It is a preliminary patch for TLSv1/SSLv3 support for Mathopd 1.5p6, based on
GnuTLS. I haven't had time to clean this up and put in the relevant
documentation as in the above patches, but I wanted to get it out there for
people to try. The quick patch created here is a straight dump of my local
svn repository, so it includes my other two patches for now. When I get a
chance later, I should clean it up to only include GnuTLS, and provide the
1.6b9 version of the patch, too.

WARNING: This patch is only trivially tested, and is considered ALPHA quality
for the moment! Use at your own risk, but feel free to let me know about any
problems you have...

Quick HowTo:

        Server {
                TLS {
                        CACertFile ca-cert.pem
                        CRLFile crl.pem
                        CertFile cert.pem
                        KeyFile key.pem
                        DHParamsFile dhparams.pem
                        DHBits 1024
                }
                Control {
                        Alias /
                        Location /www/
                }
        }

CertFile is the only required option, but if KeyFile is not supplied, CertFile
must contain the private key as well. DHBits defaults to 1024, DH Params are
generated if not supplied (but this can take some time, so for repeated
testing, a dhparams file is suggested).

Everything seems to work, so far; I've not tested it extensively, but plain
files and cgi scripts both appear to work as expected. Most things produce
sensible error messages, but again, I haven't tested all possibilities.

This patch does NOT support SSLv2. I don't know if anyone on the planet is
still using SSLv2 (it has been deprecated for over a decade), but when I get
a chance I'll see how hard it is to include as well.

Patch: http://opensource.stobor.net/mathopd/gnutls.1.5p6.diff (or see
attached).

As usual, apply using:

/tmp/mathopd-1.5p6$ gunzip gnutls.1.5p6.diff.gz | patch -p1

Further details will follow at http://opensource.stobor.net/mathopd/#GnuTLS

As always, if you have any problems, questions or comments, please don't
hesitate to get back to me.

Cheers,

Allwyn.

--