The MPL Qt backend requires PyQt (or, better, Qt4 and PyQt4).  PyQt
does compile against the Qt Library, and also takes quite a while to
complete.  PyQt does not use setuptools, and I am not sure how to
make a generally usable binary distribution from it.

I would say that installation is quite easy (although time consuming)
-- perhaps just a good set of directions on the MPL site?

-Rob

On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:01 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> Thanks for doing this Rob, its nice to get as much support on OS-X as
> possible.
>
> Does the QT back-end need to be compiled against QT? or is it
> python-only?
>
>> QT4 takes *forever* to compile, but it seems to compile easier now
>> than previous versions that needed a small library hack.  The default
>> configuration compiles and installs fine.  The other tools (PyQt4 and
>> SIP) also compile and install painlessly with the default
>> configuration.
>
> Any chance you could package it up an submit it to the pythonmac
> archive?
>
> Does it support a Universal build?
>
> -Chris
>

> --
> Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
> Oceanographer
>
> Emergency Response Division
> 7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> ---
> security?
> job easier.
> Geronimo
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331