Carl,

I have made a few changes in svn to facilitate testing cairo with
backend_driver (and to fix a bug that turned up), and I will do a bit
more on this later today or tomorrow.  The result of a quick pass
through the backend_driver test with png output is quite encouraging,
though.  There are some bugs in string placement, image handling, and
clipping, but most things work, including mathtext.  Default fonts seem
to be different.

Eric

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:26:22 -0500, "John Hunter" wrote:
>> On 7/5/07, Carl Worth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I don't know if there's anything special about the PostScript output
>>> you're currently producing that wouldn't make it acceptable to use
>>> cairo's PostScript output directly. But even if you just want code,
>>> it's inside cairo under the LGPL.
>> I looked at cairo when we first started with the postscript backend,
>> but in the bad old days it was just a raster dump.  I understand it
>> has come a long way since.
[...]