On Monday 09 July 2007 11:25:57 am Michael Droettboom wrote:
> An initial revision of TTF font subsetting has been committed to SVN.

Thank you for doing this.

[...]
> ttconv supports outputting a Type 42 font (without subsetting), so
> matplotlib's old Type 42 output has been replaced with ttconv's.  An rc
> value (ps.fonttype) can be used to select Type 3 or Type 42 output.
[...]
> Please kick the tires and let me know how it goes,

Could you be more specific about how to test your changes? I dont see anything
in matplotlibrc.template, or in rcsetup.py, concerning the valid settings of
ps.fonttype. (rc settings should be validated, have a default value, and have
a commented listing in matplotlibrc.template.)

Thanks,
Darren