Michael Droettboom wrote:
> I suspect you're running an earlier version of pygtk than I am that
> doesn't have pygobject_version.
>
> Please update matplotlib and try again.
>
> Thanks for finding this bug.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>
> Nils Wagner wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I cannot build matplotlib from latest svn. I am using SuSE Linux 10.0 on
>> x86_64.
>>
>>   python setup.py install
>>
>> BUILDING MATPLOTLIB
>>             matplotlib: 0.90.1 (r3634)
>>               platform: linux2
>>
>> REQUIRED DEPENDENCIES
>>                  numpy: 1.0.4.dev3937
>>              freetype2: 9.8.3
>>
>> OPTIONAL DEPENDENCIES
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "setup.py", line 223, in ?
>>     if check_for_gtk() and (BUILD_GTK or BUILD_GTKAGG):
>>   File "/usr/local/svn/matplotlib/setupext.py", line 411, in
>> check_for_gtk
>>     print_status("Gtk+", "gtk+: %s, glib: %s, pygtk: %s, pygobject:
>> %s" %
>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'pygobject_version'
>>
>> Nils

Mike,

Thank you for your prompt reply !  Now it works for me.

Cheers,
                   Nils

BTW, I am using
rpm -qi python-gtk
Name        : python-gtk                   Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.8.0                             Vendor: SUSE LINUX
Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany
Release     : 3                             Build Date: Tue 13 Sep 2005
02:56:46 AM CEST
Install date: Mon 27 Feb 2006 11:04:09 AM CET      Build Host:
mahler.suse.de
Group       : Development/Libraries/Python   Source RPM:
python-gtk-2.8.0-3.src.rpm
Size        : 5041273                          License: LGPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 13 Sep 2005 04:32:38 AM CEST, Key ID
a84edae89c800aca
Packager    : http://www.suse.de/feedback
URL         : http://www.pygtk.org/
Summary     : Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
Description :
PyGTK is an extension module for python that gives you access to the
GTK+ widget set.  Just about anything you can write in C with GTK+ you
can write in python with PyGTK (within reason), but with all of
python's benefits.

Authors:
--------
    James Henstridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>