Paul Kienzle wrote:
> I went through the demo list again today.  Here are some problems:
>
> $ python fonts_demo.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "fonts_demo.py", line 31, in <module>
>     font.set_name('Script MT')
> AttributeError: 'FontProperties' object has no attribute 'set_name'

Fixed in r3795.

> I'm getting segfaults for the following on wxagg for os x:
>
>   annotation_demo
>   polar_*
>   transoffset
>
> The polar demos work for pdf but not agg from backend_driver.py

Fixed in r3796.  (I had changed the size of the alpha buffer to 1-byte
per pixel to match the type as specified to Agg, but apparently that
wasn't a good idea.  There's a lot to be confused about in Agg... ;)

On a broader note, I've been using backend_driver.py as my ersatz
"acceptance test suite."  Not all of these examples are included in it,
of course.  Is there good reason for that, or should I go ahead and add
these to backend_driver?  As we're all well aware, matplotlib has an
unusually large configuration space, so any bit of testing automation
really helps.

Cheers,
Mike