I noticed this bug last week (and forgot to send it in until now.. I
know.. shame on me..).

Here is the workaround (responsible for my laziness):

figure(dpi=500)
# make a figure
savefig(dpi=500)

That is, as long as the figure and savefig dpi match, it looks
alright.  Otherwise, the tick labels are off.

I'm using recent svn (trunk).

-Rob

On Jan 31, 2008, at 8:00 AM, Eric Firing wrote:

> In the course of answering a question by Alan Isaac, I saved some
> figures at different dpi values and hit a bug with png output:
>
> imshow(rand(100,100))
> gcf().savefig('f200.png', dpi=200)
>
> This results in tick labels that overlap the image, and it gets worse
> with higher dpi.  PS backend output is OK.
>
> This is with svn trunk.
>
> Eric

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331