I am planning on starting to overhaul the documentation using Sphinx next
week. I have been experimenting with Sphinx to create some documentation for
a project at work (http://dale.chess.cornell.edu/~darren/xpaxs/index.xml and
http://dale.chess.cornell.edu/~darren/temp/XPaXS.pdf). I'm really impressed
with Sphinx, I think it will allow us to unify the matplotlib docstrings,
webpage and the pdf copies of the users guide / developers guide / API
reference.

In order to integrate all the doumentation together, it would be best if I
could convert the mpl docstrings to ReST. This would be quite a big project,
and I don't want to commit us before we have a chance to evaluate the
results, so I guess a documentation branch would be appropriate. Could
someone help guide me through the process of creating a new branch and
pulling in some of the older doc sources? Aside from Johns recent post about
using svnmerge, is there anything else I should keep in mind while trying to
keep the branch in sync with the trunk?

Thanks,
Darren