Darren Dale wrote:
> I think we would rather make traits an external dependency, if it could be
> easily installed as a separate package by a novice python user. Would it be
> possible for http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits/ to list specific
> instructions and links to the downloads? Or to list traits on the Python
> Package Index?

We have now scheduled resources to finish the ETS refactoring that will
allow us to release Traits 3, which means publishing it into PyPI.  The
effort won't start until next week at the earliest though.  Even though
I'm a bit gun-shy about doing this, I'd forecast we have Traits 3.0
officially released and on PyPI by the end of June, perhaps a week into
July.

-- Dave