On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM,  <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded 0.99.1 and ran into some problems using it in Sage.
> Basically, in the tar.gz file, there was a setup.cfg file, which had the
> following:

This was a bug in the tarball -- mpl doesn't keep a copy of setup.cfg
in svn and shouldn't ship with it.  We do ship setup.cfg.template
which you can use to create and customize a setup.cfg, but there
shouldn't be one by default.

It's not listed in MANIFEST.in, but apparently when I built the
tarball I had not done an svn-clean.  setup.cfg *was* in my MANIFEST
(which is autogenerated at build time) on my build machine, but I am
not sure why it was added since it isn't in MANIFEST.in.

In any case, I just rebuilt and reuploaded the tarball with no
setup.cfg from a clean dir

https://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-0.99.1/

Thanks for the report.

JDH