On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Matthew West <mw...@illinois.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The PolyCollection class currently closes the path for each polygon by
> adding a last point the same as the first point. This means that the
> line joins will be different on this point. I've submitted a patch to
> make PolyCollection use Path.CLOSEPOLY to close the path, which makes
> the line joins on the stroking correct.
>
> See
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2890979&group_id=80706&atid=560722
>
> There is also a small test script and the current and expected output
> attached to the above tracker entry.
>
> Please let me know if there is some other way this should be fixed.

Project Admin
Hide

I attempted to apply this but it triggered three regression test failures --
this may be simply because the regression test is expecting a different
number of verts in the simplification tests, but I am going to assign this
to Michael, who wrote the tests, so he can update the tests and the patch
at the same time

For future patches, if possible, please submit an svn diff as these are
easier to apply.
Thanks,
JDH

FAIL: matplotlib.tests.test_simplification.test_noise
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/opt/app/g++lib6/python-2.4.5/lib/python2.4/site-packages/nose-0.10.4-py2.4.egg/nose/case.py",
line 182, in runTest
self.test(*self.arg)
File
"/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_simplification.py",
line 72, in test_noise
assert len(simplified) == 2675
AssertionError

FAIL: matplotlib.tests.test_simplification.test_sine_plus_noise
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/opt/app/g++lib6/python-2.4.5/lib/python2.4/site-packages/nose-0.10.4-py2.4.egg/nose/case.py",
line 182, in runTest
self.test(*self.arg)
File
"/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_simplification.py",
line 89, in test_sine_plus_noise
assert len(simplified) == 628
AssertionError

FAIL: matplotlib.tests.test_simplification.test_start_with_moveto
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/opt/app/g++lib6/python-2.4.5/lib/python2.4/site-packages/nose-0.10.4-py2.4.egg/nose/case.py",
line 182, in runTest
self.test(*self.arg)
File
"/home/titan/johnh/dev/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_simplification.py",
line 166, in test_start_with_moveto
assert segs[0][1] == Path.MOVETO
AssertionError

Ran 107 tests in 74.927s

FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=34, errors=3, failures=3)