On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Glen Nixon <glen.ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.  With some effort, I've managed to get matplotlib-0.99.1.1 with
> cygwin 1.7 (beta) on Windows 7.  Since Google didn't turn up any
> instructions specifically addressing the problems I had, maybe these
> notes will be helpful to others.

FYI, we have a Makefile in release/win32/ in the svn repo which we use
for building mpl under cygwin.  Haven't tried it under Windows 7, but
ideally we like to codify all the Windows/Cygwin specific build info
in a Makefile to smooth the path for the next person.  So you may want
to try this and/or submit patches against it if you have time.

Thanks,
JDH