On Apr 24, 2010, at 4:25 AM, Michiel de Hoon wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> A number of years ago I wrote a function to do Lowess smoothing to calculate
> a smooth curve through a scatter plot. I copied an example script below and
> attached the resulting figure to this mail.
> I think that such a smoothing function would be a useful addition to
> matplotlib. Does anybody have any objections against me adding this to
> matplotlib? If not, what would be a suitable place to put this function?

I'm not a matplotlib developer, but smoothing seems more appropriate for scipy.
There's been some talk of starting a scikit for smoothing functions (see links
below), but I'm not sure if anyone has the motivation to actually take the lead.

-Tony

http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2010-February/024402.html
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/scipy-user/2010-February/024408.html