On 06/11/2010 07:39 AM, Michael Droettboom wrote:
> On 06/11/2010 01:31 PM, jason-s...@creativetrax.com wrote:

>>> This specific bug is fixed in r8414.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>

>> I tested your fix, and now this example gives the same sort of problem
>> (note that in this case, the spine is 1 pixel wide; I've just changed
>> the dpi):
>>
> That's exactly what I meant when I said "By coincidence only, this will
> also make your example plot look more accurate (but that's dependent on
> the specific scale being used)."  This isn't a proper fix, other than to
> make even-width lines looking less fuzzy.  The correct fix (to either
> make quanitizing an rcParam or to adjust the data based on it) is much
> more work.

I don't see how any reasonable algorithm could do such a data adjustment
in general, so if the half-pixel inaccuracy is a problem, then I think
using an rcParam to turn off quantizing is the way to go.

It appears that the difficulty is that quantization is exposed at the
python level only for collections, via iter_segments.

Eric