On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Eric Firing <efir...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Is it time for us to change our documentation, and officially support
> the use of multiple calls to show()?  If we can do it, I think it would
> remove one of the main stumbling blocks for newcomers.

I don't have a problem allowing/supporting it, but it may be tricky if
we expect it to have the same blocking/non-blocking behavior across
backends.  Ie, for the script that does

for i in range(10):
   plt.plot(np.random.rand(10), 'o')
   plt.show()

many users expect that to be blocking on each call to show and the
script to continue after closing each figure.  My guess is that
different backends on different platforms might show different
behavior -- some may block, others not.  I haven't looked at your
changes yet, but what is your opinion on this issue?

JDH