On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I came across a typo in mplconfig.py that results in an error when
>> processing the matplotlib configurations.  Attached is a patch.
>
> I can apply this patch because it is a simple fix, but the larger
> question is whether we want to distribute/support the traited config
> at all.  It seems like this development branch is mostly abandoned.
> Any comments Darren, or others?
>
> But in any case as long as we *do* currently have it it is good to fix
> these bugs, so thanks for the patch.

The traited config stuff was never supported, and has to be turned on
by setting a global in the source code. So I don't think it makes
sense to distribute it. I'm too busy these days to try to support this
feature and make it the default, plus there were issues with
additional overhead due to pkg_resources, traits, and configobj. I
wouldn't be offended if the code was removed from the trunk. (sniffs)

Darren