On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:21 PM, Maximilian Trescher
<fau...@trescher-it.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just created my first patch for matplotlib, it's addressing bug 3176823.
>
> I send the patch with an example (as suggested in the faq).

A pull request has been filed at
https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/18 . The discussion at
the pull request brought to light an issue: the Axes.plot_date
docstring states that the "tz" kwarg should be None or a string, but
the actual implementation appears to require None or a tzinfo
instance, not a string. There does not appear to be any tests or
examples. Does anyone use the tz kwarg to plot_date? Should we change
the docstring to indicate that a tzinfo instance is required, or do we
extend the API to accept either a tzinfo instance (as currently
implemented) or a string (as currently documented)?

Darren