On 08/01/2013 01:39 AM, Jason Grout wrote:
On 7/31/13 8:17 PM, Michael Droettboom wrote:
On 07/31/2013 10:18 PM, Jason Grout wrote:
On 7/31/13 2:05 PM, Russell E. Owen wrote:
As a result, binary installers now have to tell users to install
these packages manually (as well as six and pyparsing).
I don't think six is mentioned in the "What's new" note for 1.3.0.  It
just details that pyparsing, pytz, and dateutil are now dependencies.
Can you add six to the notes as well, if it is also moving to
"dependency" status?

six is a dependency of dateutil.  I don't know if we should be in the
business of listing all secondary dependencies -- when would we stop?

Given that six was distributed with matplotlib and is no longer being
distributed (right?), I think it makes sense to list it.  I would stop
at the software that never was part of matplotlib.

Would you mind reviewing https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/2267?

Mike