My pygtk install is really hobbled (no thanks to anaconda...). Can someone
with a working gtk environment doublecheck that the pylab_with_gtk.py
script is broken on master? I am getting the following error:

ben@tigger:~/Programs/matplotlib/examples/user_interfaces$ python
pylab_with_gtk.py
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pylab_with_gtk.py", line 35, in <module>
    toolbar.tooltips,
AttributeError: 'NavigationToolbar2GTKAgg' object has no attribute
'tooltips'

Cheers!
Ben Root