On 7/24/06, Christopher Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> msvcr71.dll is a dll required for virtually every application built with
> MSVC7.1. For example, py2exe distributes it by default when it builds
> exes. However, it is so common, most systems already have it, installed
> by some other app.
>
> I'm guessing in this case, you're working with a new Windows box that
> hasn't had much installed on it yet. I don't have it booted up now, but
> I don't have much installed on my Windows box, and I have at least a
> half a dozen copies of it on my system, a few in standard system
> directories.

Not really.  I am using Visual Studio for the build in which I have
never seen or heard of this error occuring.  This was a mingw problem,
and the fix I mentioned was what we did when the builds were done with
mingw.

> For completeness, I guess that dll should be included in the egg. In the
>   meantime, search your system for it, I bet you have at least one copy.
> If not, I'll bet you can get it from MS's web site.

We got this error no matter what.  I had the file all over the place
and the mingw builds still complained.