On 11/4/06, Werner F. Bruhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi Charlie,
>
>  Charlie Moad wrote:
>
>  Installing the unicode version of wxpython is the solution. This will
> get rid of the error message. Matplotlib is compiled against it.
>
>  Isn't this a maint headache for you and others maintaining matplotlib?

Among other things. ;)

>  Will there be wxPython 2.6, 2.7 and 2.8 builds?

I hope not.  I am guessing that wxPython is like the linux kernel, so
2.7 is a dev branch.

>  Is it not possible to have a wxPython nutral build?

The native interface was  added for high speed blitting/animation.  A
while back we talked about and agreed on trying to remove the native
interfaces for gtk and wxpython to avoid these compilation headaches.
This was after having decent success with pure python approaches for
qt3 and qt4.  We are sticking with the unicode wxpython build for the
remainder of 0.87.x to avoid more confusion.  Ideally 0.88 will have
the pure python blitting implementations.

- Charlie