> Examples:
>
> This makes a sensible plot that behaves well under zooming and panning:
> hist(randn(1000), log=True)
> show()

Thanks! However...

> The following still generates an exception:
> hist(randn(1000))
> gca().set_yscale('log')
> show()

I think this makes the API more confusing. As an end user, I want the
API to be consistent and intuitive. Its weird if I can set log scale
after all plot commands, but not after calling hist. And yet, log
scale DOES work with that keyword arg. I might even think things were
broken had I not been following this thread.

Anyways, thanks for looking into this!
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog