Jonathan Kane wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a Mac mini with Intel Duo processors.  I downloaded and
> installed python, numpy, and scipy on my machine.  I downloaded already
> built binaries from the website http://www.scipy.org/Download
>
> The file I downloaded was ScipySuperpack-Intel-10.4-py2.4
> matplotlib was a part of that package.
>
> This is what I get when I launch python, numpy, scipy, and matplotlib.
>
> adsl-69-154-179-12:~ seismic73$ python
> ActivePython 2.4.3 Build 11 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
> Python 2.4.3 (#1, Apr  3 2006, 18:07:14)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5247)] on darwin

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pylab.py",
> line 1, in ?
>     from matplotlib.pylab import *
> ImportError: No module named matplotlib.pylab

Hrmm. Unfortunately, the matplotlib package in (at least) the Intel version is
still missing matplotlib/__init__.py. You can download the file from here:

http://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/matplotlib/trunk/matplotlib/lib/matplotlib/__init__.py?revision=2835

Put it in
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/matplotlib/

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco