On 4/13/07, Bill Baxter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are a couple things about legend that I'm finding a little
> irksome.  Is there some better way to do this?
>
> 1) if you have a contour, legend() wants to add all the contours to
> the list.  calling contour(...,label='_nolegend_') doesn't seem to
> help.

You should be able to set the "_nolegend_" label property on the
contour set line collections like so:

  >>> cs = contour(...blah...)

  >>> for coll in cs.collections:
            coll.set_label('_nolegend_')

of use "setp" for the same purpose.

  >>> setp(cs.collections, label='_nolegend_')

contour doesn't use the kwargs to set the line collection properties,
which is why it is not working in the contour commands.  some plot
commands use the kwargs to update the artist properties that the plot
command creates, some do not, and the only way to know is the read the
individual docstrings of the commands.

Let me know if this works because it is untested.

JDH