Chris,

All I want is to:

a) Insert all of the plots I create with MPL onto a Word document.

As I said before, my version of Word does not recognize the EPS or PS format
created by MPL.  I am not blaiming MPL.  I am just not willing to send Redmond
money to see if their later version does the job properly.   The version of
Word I have does not import PDF files neither.   Besides, the PDF backend of
MPL fails when the total number of figures is more then 8.

b) Be able to cut and paste part of a MPL figure and insert that to Word.  I
can do it now via the Gimp path but as I explained previously, the quality is
not the greatest.   I'll look up the cookbook you cited and try that.

Thanks,

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/AdjustingImageSize

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
John Henry