This SVG format gets better everyday.

For those of you unfortunate enough not to have the
choice of freedom from the M$ Monopoly, I discovered
that Visio supports SVG file directly.  In fact, the
rendering is better then Inscape and get this: you can
copy and paste *directly* over to PowerPoint and Word
and you can even embed it as a Visio object.  The
quality is superb!

Even the browser can read SVG file (somewhat - the
quality isn't very good).

http://www.ipd.uka.de/~hauma/svg-import/

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SVG_User_Experiences#

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2007/p
> roposals#Draw.2FImpress:_SVG_Import_Filter

01:08 AM >>>

> Not exactly OT.
>
> I would not recommend using .eps format in order to
> export MPL graphs for Inkscape.  I've been playing
> around with Inkscape for a few days now and I've
been
> using .svg exclusively and don't have any problem.
>
> As I said before, I like the fact that once I am
> inside Inscape, I can do an ungroup of the graph,
and
> work with all of the plotting elements individually.

> In fact, I just discover a nice way to "cut and
paste"
> a particular subplot over to PowerPoint.  This gives
> me very high quality graphs in Power Point (I can
> scale all I want).  No more fuzzy, ugly-looking
Power
> Point charts.
>
> Here's how:
>
> a) Create MPL plots in .svg format
> b) From Inscape, read in .svg
> c) Select subplot and ungroup
> d) Copy and paste to a new page
> e) Shrink the page down to the size of the object
> f) Save as emf file
> g) Import into PowerPoint
>
> In addition, I am also using Inscape to get around
the
> problem with the PDF backend in MPL.  I reported
> previously that I am unable to save more then 8 PDF
> files per execuation.  Now, I save the files in .svg
> format, then invoke Inscape in command line mode and
> export the file in pdf format.   Works great.
>
> Regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]