william ratcliff wrote:
> If I revert back to 3645, it builds and I can install it--but then I
> run into
> the original error I was having where I couldn't run the demos:
>
> File "c:\python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mathtext.py", line
> 1189, in Vli
> st
>     def vpack(self, h=0., m='additional', l=float('inf')):
> ValueError: invalid literal for float(): inf
Did you report that error earlier?  Sorry I missed it.

It turns out that "float('inf')" is not portable to Windows.  See here:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0754/

I just committed a possible fix using numpy.inf instead.  Please update

   lib/matplotlib/mathtext.py

and let me know if this works (again, sorry I don't have Windows to test
on here.)

In the meantime, I'll try to track down why the build is broken on trunk
for you.

Cheers,
Mike