On Sat, 01 Sep 2007, Jouni K. Seppänen apparently wrote:
> Perhaps you are thinking of one of these posts, which suggest using the
> svg backend and converting to emf via Inkscape or Visio:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.matplotlib.general/9241
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.matplotlib.general/9250

No, but thanks.
I thought I recalled that someone found a glitch in the mpl
EPS Prolog, which when fixed removed the problem.  Perhaps
this is not in 0.9.1?  Let's see: OK, I guess what I had in
mind was the message below, which is not related...

The problem seems to be the construction of dates by
repeated use of ``glyphshow``.  Apparenly the MS interpreter
does not support ``glyphshow``???

By the way, this usage is apparently seeking a compressed
rendering: is that right?  Wouldn't using ``xshow`` be more
efficient, not to mention more obvious to humans?

Cheers,
Alan Isaac