I recently asked a question along the same lines...

MATLAB has a command, print, and it allows you to output a figure to a file,
such as a .ps file and it has a switch '-append' so that you can append
multiple plots to the same file.

Is there a switch for the pylab command, 'savefig' to do the same thing?  There
does not seem to be an equivalent print command.

Ryan Krauss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: It is probably overkill, but I use Latex
for this.  You can fairly
easily have Python generate a text file that is the Latex input,
including captions for each figure.  And then call latex using
os.system.

This might get you a psmerge for windows:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/psutils.htm

Ryan