hi jessica, thanks.... So scipy.optmizer as it stands cannot do that? I
gues I should move the issue to the scipy list then. Yes there is mpfit,
there is also pyminuit in google.code that is wrapper of the high energy
physics standard package MINUIT, etc.... but I would think that fitting
data, with fixed/thawed parameters, is a basic feature of a scientific
package. As there seems to be a snergy between matplotlib and scipy, I
would expect the latter to take care of optimization....
thanks for the replies,
Johann