Christopher Barker wrote:
> Michael Droettboom wrote:
>> It's sort of a pygtk issue -- it
>> would have to be rewritten to take numpy arrays
>
> not quite -- it would have to be re-written to use the array interface,
> which is different, as that can be done without requiring numpy, or its
> headers.

Of course, that's what I meant.  It is passed numpy arrays now -- but
they are accessed with all of the function call overhead of the Python
sequence API, rather than the numpy array interface.

>  > which is probably
>> unlikely to happen in the official codebase.
>
> That was true before the array interface, when supporting arrays
> essentially meant a dependency on numpy. That's not longer true, so it's
> quite likely that the pygtk folks would accept a patch -- someone still
> would need to write that patch, though!

Unless I misunderstand, I thought that functionality was slated for
inclusion in Python 3.0 -- still a long ways off in terms of adoption
rate.  That patch would only make sense on a pygtk branch specifically
intended for Python 3.0.

Cheers,
Mike

--