I'm running on OSX 10.5.

The installation process for me was the following two commands:
$ easy_install matplotlib
$ easy_install numpy

That's it.  You don't need to manually download the egg.  You don't
need to root around in the egg.  Just run easy_install.  It retrieves
the
egg and installs it in the correct location.

- Jeff Younker - [EMAIL PROTECTED] -