On Jan 29, 2008 4:13 PM, Tim Michelsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In [1]: import timeseries as TS
>
> In [2]: whos
> <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>        Traceback (most recent call last)
>
> /var/tmp/install/qgislite_trunk/<ipython console> in <module>()
>
> /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/IPython/iplib.py in ipmagic(self, arg_s)
>      962         else:
>      963             magic_args = self.var_expand(magic_args,1)
> --> 964             return fn(magic_args)
>      965
>      966     def ipalias(self,arg_s):
>
> /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/IPython/Magic.py in magic_whos(self,
> parameter_s)
>      989             array_type = None
>      990         else:
> --> 991             array_type = Numeric.ArrayType.__name__
>      992
>      993         # Find all variable names and types so we can figure
> out column sizes
>
> <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'ArrayType'
>
> maybe some of the IPython power users can give me a hint why this
> happes. [1]

Very strange.  I can't reproduce it here (on gutsy, but running
ipython from my own tree). What's odd is this:

In [1]: import Numeric

In [2]: print Numeric.ArrayType
<type 'array'>

So Numeric *most definitely* has an ArrayType member. Try doing the
same as I did, also showing us whether you started ipython with -pylab
or not.  There may be something odd about your Numeric installation.
Also do this:

In [3]: Numeric?
Type:           module
Base Class:     <type 'module'>
Namespace:      Interactive
File:           /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Numeric/Numeric.py

[etc]

It's possible that you have in your path a file called Numeric.py
which is not the 'real' Numeric module.  This would explain your
problem and why nobody else sees it.

Cheers,