Chris Withers wrote:
> Michael Droettboom wrote:
>> The "backend_driver.py" example runs a number of other examples using
>> a number of different backends.  That's been a reasonably successful
>> set of regression and coverage tests.  It's not perfect, but it's a
>> start.  There are also some lower-level unit tests for
>> frequently-reoccurring bugs in the unit directory.
>
> Indeed, is there any kind of "full unit test" suite that a developer
> can run when changing things ot make sure they haven't fubarred anything?

backend_driver.py is, AFAIK, the closest thing to that.  I recently did
a coverage analysis of it (with coverage.py), and it hits something like
98% of the non-error case code, so it's pretty good.

What we don't have is an automated regression test framework to see if
the results remain correct.  There are a number of reasons why this is a
non-trivial task -- there was a thread about that on this list a few
months ago.  Unfortunately, I can't find it...  Maybe someone else
remembers the subject line?

Mike

--
Michael Droettboom