Leif Oppermann wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to do kriging in Matplotlib?
>
> I have tried the contourf() function with two bivariate_normal() objects
> as input which produces similar looking results to what I want to
> archive. My data however is geo-referenced and contains > 100000
> samples. Generating 100000 objects doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
> I searched the docs before posting, but the term "kriging" doesn't even
> show in the docs.
>
> Maybe I missed something obvious? Any hint appreciated.

There is no kriging implementation in matplotlib. Kriging is a special case of
Gaussian processes, though, so the RandomRealizations package or my own gp
package might be of use to you. You will have to do some reading to translate
the entities you are familiar with (variograms, etc.) to the entities used in
Gaussian processes (covariance functions, etc.).

   http://code.google.com/p/random-realizations/
   http://www.enthought.com/~rkern/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/gp/

Anand has been doing more work on RandomRealizations than I have on gp, so try
it first.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."