Ryan May wrote:
> Yves Revaz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When I use:
>>
>> colorbar(orientation='horizontal')
>>
>> the color bar is drawn on the bottom of the corresponding graph.
>> Which option will draw the colorbar on the top of the graph ?
>>

> I think (correct me if I'm wrong devs) you'll have to use the cax
> keyword argument to manually specifiy the position of the axes in which
> to draw the colorbar.  You'll also need to adjust the position of the
> plot using figure.subplots_adjust.  Like this maybe:
>
> import numpy as np
> import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
> data = np.random.randn(30,30)
> plt.pcolor(data)
> fig = plt.gcf()
> fig.subplots_adjust(top=0.85)
> ax = fig.add_axes([0.12, 0.9, 0.8, 0.05])
> plt.colorbar(cax=ax, orientation='horizontal')
>
> Hope this helps,

ok, it works fine for that case.
Now, my problem is that my graph is a subplot:
Taking your example it corresponds to :

import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

fig = plt.gcf()

plt.subplot(2,2,2)
data = np.random.randn(30,30)
plt.pcolor(data)

fig.subplots_adjust(top=0.85)
ax = fig.add_axes([0.12, 0.9, 0.8, 0.05])
plt.colorbar(cax=ax, orientation='horizontal')

plt.show()

Obviously, the colorbar has now the length of the whole figure and not
the one
of the subplot !  :-(
I should do a "subplots_adjust" to the subplot and not to the "fig", but
how can I do that ?

Thanks,

yves

--