Eric Bruning wrote:
> I have scatterplots on several axes that are dynamically updated, and
> thus I need to keep track of each of the PolyCollection artists that
> represent the scattered data. I would like to keep the same
> PolyCollection object but update the positions, colors, etc. of the
> symbols, possibly changing their total number, something along the
> lines of Line.set_data.
>
> Did I miss a method that would do what I want?
>
> I have already looked at removing the collection from the axes and
> replotting, but for some reason my axis limits get reset when I do so.

Guys,

I helped Eric out with this offline, and obviously set_array is for the
colors, but the only solution we could come up with was to directly
reset the PolyCollection._offsets member.  This seems a little hacky.
Is there any reason that there is not an set_offsets() (or something
like it)?  Any reason why I shouldn't code up a patch?

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant