I get an error when I use the scatter plot and set the 'c' value to a list of
3-tuples.  The error goes away if I use 4-tuples instead.  Are colors with only
3 values not supported anymore?

  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\axes.py", line 4807, in scatter
    colors = mcolors.colorConverter.to_rgba_array(c, alpha)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\colors.py", line 343, in
to_rgba_array
    c[i] = self.to_rgba(cc, alpha)  # change in place
ValueError: shape mismatch: objects cannot be broadcast to a single shape