I am trying to implement a dynamic graph in mpl, where users can drag around
the nodes, and the edges follow the nodes like rubber bands.  I have this
working with regular edges, but I want to give the option of putting arrows on
the edges.  I am running into some issues with the Arrow classes.

With my Text, Rectangle, and Line2D objects I can get and set their locations
with methods such as get_position(), get_x(), and get_xdata() respectively.
But there are no such methods for any of the Arrow classes.   (By the way, it
seems like these sorts of things would be in the base classes, and much more
standard).

What is the difference between Arrow, YAArrow, and FancyArrow anyway?  (Besides
drastically different scales).

Some other features of the Arrow class that I would like very much are:
* double headed arrows (one line with an arrow head on each end)
 * the ability to turn the arrow head on and off easily (Boolean parameter
function)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to work around these issues?
Thanks,
-Ben